Thursday, August 5, 2010

Outlast - Demo 1997



EGS008: Outlast Demo 1997

Outlast was the first hardcore band that I was in. As I remember it, we stayed up practically all night before our first show (at the Rat, in Boston) making these demo tapes. Everything was done on a 4 track and the guitars were plugged straight in with no amps or anything. Pretty raw. One of the guitar players (I won't say who) wasn't present at the session, so the other one played both parts. My bandmates went on to be in FYA (coming soon), Squaw, The Trust/Down But Not Out, Suicide Nation, Chas. Mtn, Gary War, and probably some other projects. I don't remember much about that first show except that Hands Tied were supposed to play, but didn't show up. Luckily, Pat Whittle did show and he bought one of our tapes. And he kept it. And a couple weeks ago he came over to my apartment and we plugged a walkman into my computer and ripped it. Not much else to say about this, I'll let it speak for itself.

Track Listing:
1. Intro/Sets Me Apart
2. Respect
3. Bros Before Hoes
4. Committed

*LINK UPDATED 7-18-2011*
download: sendspace

No comments:

Post a Comment