Sunday, November 15, 2009

Brains in Danger - Memories of the Future EP



EGS005: Brains in Danger - Memories of the Future EP

*Updated link 5/26/2011*

If you read the last post, and/or downloaded the BID demo, you should have a pretty good idea of where we were coming from. We played a LOT of shows in Boston/New England (and once, MAYBE twice, in NYC) and actually developed a little bit of a fanbase. All of these live commitments sorta crippled my songwriting abilities, but somehow we managed to get by playing more-or-less the same set of songs for a while. Eventually the decision was made to do a new, better recording. This time we decided to stay comfortable, and we recorded the bulk of the Memories of the Future EP live in our practice space, with Richard from 1986 working the laptop. Lead guitar (HA!) and synthesizer overdubs were done at Richard's house in Brighton. Then he moved to Somerville and did the mixing and mastering. In my opinion it sounds great. Two of these songs were 'new' (Atlantis was actually the first song I wrote for BID and a version exists on that DFJ demo..) and two of them were remakes from the demo. Memories of the Future is my favorite song that I wrote with BID, and I think it foreshadows my work with Healing Feeling nicely. Okay, I don't know what the fuck I just wrote..looks like I might be starting to take this blog a little too seriously :) Anyways, I think it was while we were making this EP that I decided to move to Brooklyn, and we played our last show (with Universal Monster Series, Shark & Bear, and Permanent Damage) before we had a chance to release it.

Track Listing:
1. The Dream Traveller
2. Atlantis
3. Memories of the Future
4. Marijuanaut
Brains in Danger - Memories of the Future by electrickgypsyservice

download: sendspace

No comments:

Post a Comment